Hello fellow readers, this blog has been designed for the use and fulfillment of Education 693, Emerging Internet Technologies, at the University of Alaska Southeast.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Gadgets

I have added so many gadgets to my iGoogle I don't even know where to start. Listed are a few of the additions just on my first tab.

Google Calendar @ google.com/calendar
This is currently a tool I use with my job. It allows me to keep track of
the individuals I work for schedules and my own. They are distinguished by the colors I give them. It is nice to have a quick reference as to what my day will look like when I first log on to the computer in the morning.

World Sunlight Map @ die.net/earth
I find it fascinating to know that when it is dark in Alaska, that it is light in Europe and Asia. It is now 9:39pm and the shadow is just barely beginning to cover Juneau on the map.

Weather Station or Juneau @ code.google.com/p/pwsgadgets
Even though I know deep inside that the weather in Juneau is going to be 55 degrees, raining and overcast, I still find it necessary to see what Weather Underground has to say about the weather. I guess it helps give me hoe that just because the Fireweed has begun to bloom, that summer in Southeast Alaska isn't over.

No comments: